Monday, August 10, 2009

And so my rehabilitation begins: blog as therapy

Ah yes. Smell that ocean air. It is good to be outside. This is the real heart of summer right now. I am here at little cafe on the beach. The ocean is just 100 yards away.

Imagine it--- somewhere in some office some poor guy just jammed a sheet of paper in the photocopier. I’m glad I’m not him. Life is not meant to be wasted on paper jams.

It is a wonderful day here and I don’t know what do with myself.

So why the blog? Ah well, this was my shrink’s idea. It’s a long story and I’d rather not waste too much of afternoon baring my soul to you. The short of it is that he prescribed blogging to help with a particular condition that I developed. By chronicling my thoughts he thinks I’ll somehow find some form of inner peace—some resolution. Blogging as therapy is what he calls it.

Personally I think it is a bunch of bullshit, but what the hell. He wants me to post something everyday for 90 days. And the kicker is that he’s not even going to read it. It’s some type of internalizing exercise. He wants me to talk to him about the act of blogging, the process of collecting and writing my thoughts-- but not my actual thoughts. How much am I paying for this guy? We'll see. I'll be a good sport and give it a few weeks. Ok, back to the beach now, that's enough therapy for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment